Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Mama's Peanut Butter Cookies for the New Year!



 I know, the last thing you are thinking about are Cookie recipes but over the years on this blog ( 11 years and counting!) I have a little tradition of including family recipes around the holidays.  Below is an "Easy" Peanut Butter Cookie recipe from my paternal grandmother Lakie Pearl Hill otherwise know to all as Mama!  She lived a long and colorful life, born in 1901 and passed in 1998 and was a fiercely proud West Virginian.  

I learned so many things from Mama, including how to save tomato seeds from year to year, how to choose the right whiskey for eggnog, how to roll a tobacco plug and so on... Beyond all of those lessons, I learned how to cook from her and we have saved so many recipes like the one below that are in her handwriting, sometimes including great little illustrations!  Give it a try and I am sure you will find it a real treat over the new years holiday to make some of Mama's tasty cookies using your "fork points" for design!




p.s. I want to wish everyone a very happy New Year.... filled with hope for better, safer and healthier days ahead in 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment