Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Story of Lester


Before I dive into the story that follows, I want to take a moment to talk about someone who has had (and is having) a huge impact on my life.  Coming out of business school in the mid-eighties, I joined Kimberly Clark as a marketing assistant.  My first boss in those days was a great guy named Bruce.  Over the years he and I have stayed close, with him being more than just an old boss and a mentor, he has been a great friend.  Recently, Bruce was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) and I have had the chance to see him a number of times since the diagnosis.  Those visits (one which occurred last night) have been "gems" for me.  His peace, his grace, his love and his humor are inspiring and intoxicating!
 

The following story occurred when I had first met Bruce.  His job was to help assimilate me into the company and as I went off for my training period, he helped keep an eye on me and made sure that I stayed on the right track.  Whether his job was easy or hard I'll never know, but Bruce was great then and continues to help me "stay on the right track" now!





The Story of Lester

No comments:

Post a Comment